Calling on all you amazing volunteers!
We have our heads down, and wheels to the ground planning for the Annual Balding For Dollars Main Event at BC Children’s Hospital again. This will be the 21st year and we want it to be huge! That means we need a whole bunch of amazing volunteers to help us with some of the prep, set up, day-of the event and take down. This event simply does NOT happen without YOU!
The finer details…
When: Saturday May 9th- event runs 11am – 4pm *Volunteers are expected to arrive between 10:00 – 10:30am and stay until the event ends. We also need some to come earlier and stay later to help with set up and tear down.
Where: BC Children’s Hospital (4480 Oak St., Vancouver) in the courtyard/roundabout area between the TACC, 1982 & ACB buildings. Specific area map will be provided & volunteers will be given free parking passes if needed so you can park on site!
How: The event requires around 60-70 volunteers to run- the more the merrier so tell your friends to sign up too. It’s more fun that way! Email below to sign up.
Why: It’s super fun, and you’ll feel great about giving back to your community and families dealing with cancer. Also you’ll get lunch, and some goodies- perks! This is a great opportunity if you need some volunteer hours for school, work, or a Balding For Dollars bursary requirement! We can provide letters following the event for those that ask.
- If you have volunteered in the past, please let me know you are a returning volunteer and if you have a preferred role.
- If you are a new volunteer- also let me know that and your strengths/preferences.
- If you are a Balding For Dollars Education Bursary recipient- please let me know that as well so you can get the credit!
- If you have your food safe certification and are okay to be in the food tent area, please let me know.
How else can you help? or Not available to volunteer in person on May 9th?
- We need volunteers leading up to the event to prep- please contact me if you are available to donate time leading up to the event for small projects.
- We need posters put up all throughout Vancouver and Greater Vancouver communities i.e. Rec Centres, Coffee shops, Schools, anywhere that will let you and that it will be seen! Please contact me if you can commit to an area! *Posters can be emailed in a PDF format – you will be responsible for printing and colour copying them, or you can come to my office and I will give you copies to distribute if you’d prefer.
- Sign up to receive our newsletter by going to www.baldingfordollars.com and entering your email.
- Follow @BaldingForDollars on Facebook and Instagram for frequent updates and posts, and like, comment & share- this helps us reach MORE people! Don’t forget to tag us in all of your posts as well!
- If you have a blog or know a blogger- write up a piece on Balding! Let us know, we’ll share it too.
- We are looking for donations of raffle prizes, food, water, entertainment, goods and more for the main event day for all of the amazing volunteers and attendees- if you have any connections or want to help source something, please contact us!
- Call up your local media outlet and give them YOUR story- they might just come on down to the event!
- Sign up to fundraise and/or cut or shave your hair https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/registration.cfm?Event=BFD
- Donate to one of the amazing participants!
- Refer your friends to volunteer- and share this post!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Marissa Dunbar- Balding For Dollars Administrator – firstname.lastname@example.org