Calling all rockstar volunteers!
We are in full swing planning our main Balding For Dollars event at BC Children’s Hospital again. This will be the 19th annual and under the coordination of a new administrator, Marissa!
We are looking for volunteers to keep the event as amazing and successful as past years and of course, running smoothly. And that just doesn’t happen without, YOU! Yes… YOU!
When: Saturday May 12th- event runs 11am- 4pm *We will also need volunteers before and after for set-up and take down.
Where: The Child & Family Research Institute (CFRI Building) at BC Children’s Hospital (4480 Oak St., Vancouver) *Volunteers will be given free parking passes if needed!
How: The event requires around 60 volunteers- the more the merrier! (bring your friends- it’s more fun that way!)
Why: It’s super fun, and you’ll feel great about giving back to your community and families dealing with cancer. Also you’ll get fed, and maybe you need some volunteer hours for school, work or a Balding For Dollars bursary requirement! We can provide letters following the event for those that ask.
If you have volunteered in the past, please let me know you are a returning volunteer and if you have a preferred role.
If you are a new volunteer- also let me know that and your strengths/preferences.
If you are a Balding For Dollars Education Bursary recipient- please let me know that as well so you can get the credit!
3 bigger roles we need filled for the event are:
- Volunteer coordinator -for the day-of event. Organizing all of the volunteer roles, ensuring everyone is having fun, getting breaks, and staying engaged.
- Food Donation Coordinator -starting ASAP with letters and calling businesses to get commitments for the day of and coordinating with Marissa for pick ups/drop offs.
- Emcee– for the main stage day-of the event. Looking for someone who is energetic, can get a crowd going, speaks well in public and can follow a basic script – it’s important our sponsors and donors are recognized throughout the day.
How else can you help? or Not available May 12th?
- We need volunteers leading up to the event to prep- please contact [email protected] if you are available to donate time leading up to the event for small projects.
- We need posters put up all throughout Vancouver and Greater Vancouver communities i.e. Rec Centres, Starbucks, Schools, anywhere that will let you and that it will be seen! Please contact Marissa at [email protected] if you can commit to an area! *Posters can be emailed in a PDF format – you will be responsible for printing and colour copying them, or you can come to my office and I will give you copies to distribute if you’d prefer.
- Sign up to receive our newsletter by going to www.baldingfordollars.com and entering your email
- Follow @BaldingForDollars on Facebook for frequent updates and posts
- Like, comment on, and share our media to help spread awareness, and tag us in posts that you create!
- If you have a blog or know a blogger- write up a piece on Balding! Let us know, we’ll share it too.
- We are looking for donations of food, water, entertainment and more for the main event day for all of the amazing volunteers and attendees- if you have any connections or want to help source something, please contact us!
- Call up your local media outlet and give them YOUR story- they might just come on down to the event!
- Sign up to fundraise and/or shave https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/registration.cfm?Event=BFD
- Refer your friends to volunteer- and share this post!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Marissa Dunbar- Balding For Dollars Administrator – 604-875-2497 – [email protected]