- a survivor education or conference bursary recipient, or hoping to be?
- desire to support Balding for Dollars more than you already are, but don’t know how?
- wanting to attend local events and/or fundraise but can’t due to physical or geographical limitations?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we have a list of ideas of how you can help without getting up from your couch!
Sign up for our e-newsletter!
It takes 5 seconds to do and we only send occasional emails- one or less per month. We never spam, always keep content relevant to the cause, and feature amazing stories about our programs, upcoming events, and contests! Click here to sign up now. The sign up box will look like this.
Give us a review/recommendation on google and facebook!
- For google: type “balding for dollars” into your google search bar and you will see our business listing on the right hand side of the page. Scroll down and near the bottom of the box you will see a ‘review’ button where you can input a star rating, comments and even photos.
- For facebook, you used to be able to give a star rating and comment, but they’ve changed it to recommendations. Recommend us by following the instructions below.
- Both review ratings help us improve our online rankings for authenticity, being “seen”, and humanize our organization by showing that we’ve helped real people like you!
Engage with us on social media!
- Like and follow us on social media- our main platforms are facebook & instagram and our ‘handle’ or how to find us is @baldingfordollars
- Engage with our posts: “liking”, commenting, and sharing our posts to your feed & stories is so helpful to help spread awareness and help us be seen! You never know who might see it, and it might just be seen by someone who can help us in a huge way! Are you annoyed that you aren’t seeing our posts? Engaging is the best way to see our posts more often. Social media works in a funny way in that there is an ever changing secret “algorithm” it works on to customize what you see, how you see it, and when based on your individual behaviour and preferences. This much is not a secret; if you “like” something more often, it should show up more often because it thinks you want to. Make sense!
- Further to seeing our posts: turn on post notifications to never miss a thing! Once you are following us, go to the follow button, and you can click the drop down box and customize when you’d like to be notified: for posts, stories, and lives.
Share your story with us!
- If you or a family member has had an experience with BC Children’s Hospital in the Oncology/Hematology/BMT programs and/or an experience with Balding for Dollars- we’d love to feature your story on our blog, and subsequently to our website and social media. People love hearing stories about the real impact we are making in the lives of others. This can be a story of:
- When you fundraised/cut or shaved your hair in support/hosted an event benefiting Balding
- A time you volunteered at one of our events
- A sibling, child, or yourself being diagnosed and your experience through that at BC Children’s
- A child/family that got to enjoy a day event hosted by Balding such as the aquarium sleepover, a special concert or sporting event, vandusen gardens etc.
- A parent or guardian that enjoyed one of our dad’s day or mom’s retreats
- A family that received support financially from Balding in the way of gas gift cards, groceries, temporary accommodation, travel, medical supplies, etc.
- A teen that attended one of our amazing teen adventures
- A pediatric oncology research initiative breakthrough helped your family
- AND MORE!
Even if you can’t or don’t want to cut your hair or shave your head, or host a specific event, you can still set up a fundraising page and collect pledges from friends, family & businesses. While donated hair, volunteers, and other forms of support are greatly appreciated, and very needed, it’s no secret that funds raised are the foundation of our program and are what keep us successful and able to help so many families through our various programs.
The link to sign up a fundraising page is here.
Thank you for your continued support and helping us to spread awareness!